Digital Skills Accelerator Eligibility Criteria
Please read the eligibility criteria below to determine if you are eligible to participate in our training for people who are seeking employment.
- Candidates must be at least 18 years old and be unemployed*.
- Applicants must be Irish or EU/EEA nationals and must be resident in Ireland.
- Confident English speaker
- Minimum of 2 years work experience
*Eligible Individuals who are NOT in receipt of a Social Protection Payment
- Former sole traders and business owners
- Retirees seeking to return to the workplace
- People who don’t qualify for social protection payments because of a spouse’s income
- Individuals signing on for credits but not in receipt of a social welfare payment
- Individuals who have recently accepted redundancy payments
* Eligible Individuals with an entitlement to the following payments from the DSP may retain such payments subject to the Back to Education criteria of that Department. Please note it is up to each individual to check with their local office as to their eligibility to take part in this programme.
- Jobseekers Allowance (JA)
- Jobseeker Benefit (JB)
- Jobseeker’s Credits only
COVID-19 Pandemic Unemployment Payment
People in receipt of the Pandemic Unemployment Payment (PUP) may participate in training delivered through Skillnet Ireland’s Skills Connect scheme. As most training available through these initiatives is of short duration or part-time, recipients may continue to receive the PUP. However, once recipients identify the specific training programme that they wish to undertake, they must check their eligibility to retain the PUP with their Intreo office.
ICBE Business Excellence Skillnet supports the workforce development needs of businesses within the Munster Region. We offer a small number/selection of industry-led and fully funded programmes for people who are not in employment, subject to eligibility criteria and the availability of places. If you are currently not in employment and wish to upskill or reskill, click here for details of Skills Connect training for people seeking employment.
Further details of Skills Connect and the eligibility criteria can be found on the Skillnet Ireland website.
To learn more about the DIGITAL SKILLS ACCELERATOR programme and to register an expression of interest, please conplete the below and a colleague will be in touch shortly:
PLEASE NOTE: The Digital Skills Accelerator programme is working with a number of multinational organisations which will offer participants/candidates with the opportunity for an in-company placement and advancement into a new career. However Digital Skills Accelerator, their Stakeholders and Partners can make no guarantee that a placement will be achieved, as this decision is at the discretion of the potential placement company.